Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Water Babies!

Oh, how I love summer time! A few weekends ago was the first time it was really pretty enough for us to enjoy the pool. Addi Beth had a blast! She got more comfortable with the water as the weekend went on. Below is a picture of her playing with her Papaw. She was acting like a dog before she jumped into the water.
Granna and Addi had some alone time Saturday morning. Granna (my mom) told Addi that we do not peepee in the pool. Addi learned very quickly that when she needs to "go", all she needs to do is get in the grass and squat! I am not sure how to convince Addi that we do not do this in public places. She has done great the past few days with her potty. My goal is to send her back to Mother's Day Out for the summer without diapers. Her first day back will be next Tuesday....pray for us!
We bought the dogs a small, plastic pool to keep cool in. Addi has the biggest time teasing Zoe with the water hose. Copper is not too trusting of Addi with the water hose. He waits until Addi is chasing Zoe and then sneaks him a dip in the pool. These next two pictures are some of my favorite moments I have ever caught on camera. Addi Beth loves our dogs and I have to say, they have been great with her. I hope Copper and Zoe are around for a long time for Addi Beth to grow up with. Copper is 6 years old and Zoe is 5 years old.
She looks kind of scary, doesn't she? It is so funny because after a while of this, you can count on Zoe burping and peeing a river because she has drank so much water! The picture below is taken a different day than the one above.
As usual, we have been pretty busy around here. This past Saturday, we went to a wedding of one of Josh's co-workers. I was so upset that I forgot my camera. The reception was beautiful and Addi Beth had a great time. While Addi was swinging in an old swing (hanging from a beautiful tree), a lady came from nowhere and told us that Addi looked just like a picture! Of course, that means a ton to her Momma! Best wishes to Dan and Susan!

The next few week we have lots of stuff planned. Birthday parties, an open house, a trip to the lake, Father's Day, going to the beach, celebrating July 4th, etc. Fun, fun, fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment