Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wow, lots to catch up on!

Geez, so much has happened since Christmas! I do not think I could possibly catch everybody up to what has gone on in our lives in the past 6 or 7 months. I will try to mention the "biggies" without writing a book!




1) I found out Thanksgiving night that I was pregnant with baby number 2. Well, I felt like crud the from the very beginning. I had some spotting and went in for a check up and everything looked normal. We saw the baby on an ultrasound and saw a good, strong heartbeat. Then, I had a bad afternoon of SEVERE cramping and went back in for a check up....again, everything looked great on the ultrasound. I was measuring about a week behind but they did not seem concerned. Then, I went in for my regular scheduled check up and the nurse could not find a heartbeat. An ultrasound confirmed my worse fears, the baby had stopped growing 2 days earlier. That next day, January 22, I went in for a D & C. It did not take me long to accept everything and realized God had a plan and He knew it much better than I.


2) I turned the big 3-0 February 5. My sweet friends tried to plan me a surprise birthday party in Corinth. It was so sweet of everybody, family and friends, get together to celebrate me!


3) We got an offer on our house in Jackson! We accepted it and began looking for a place to live in Bells. We ended up buying a sweet little house from the company Josh works for. We had about 2 weeks to get it ready for us to move into. NOT fun! We painted every room except one. We replaced all flooring, painted kitchen cabinets and installed new counter tops, replaced all lights, installed a fence for the dogs, and I am sure I am leaving out several things! Oh, we also just had new windows installed. We officially moved in our Bells house April 8.



4) March 24, I had a funny feeling. I took a pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE! This was such a surprise! We were planning on waiting one more month before we started to try again. I know the exact day I got pregnant because I was out of town with several girlfriends during what I thought was my fertile time. T.M.I., I know! The following Tuesday, after our girls weekend, Addi Beth and I were enjoying lunch together at Dumplin's. As we were sitting down, she pointed to the empty chair at our table and said, "Momma, I wish I had a sister sitting there." She was so serious and it broke my heart! Well, that was the night I got pregnant. I am 99.9% sure.


This pregnancy has been such a blessing! I feel great, just like I did when I was pregnant with Addi Beth. I have seen the little bean twice on ultrasound. The first appointment where they listened for the heartbeat by Doppler was a little nerve racking. This little booger has one strong heartbeat and is an active baby! We find out July 15 if we will be seeing blue or pink! Addi Beth is pulling for a "gurl"!


5) I am a new aunt!!!! Kyle and Jessica's little girl, Gracie Mae Bain, finally decided to make her appearance on June 25. I am so in love! She is such a cutie!


So, since our move, I have been pretty occupied. I know this post has no pictures but I cannot seem to locate our camera charger since moving. I am missing a few more important things like my big slow cooker, Josh's golf clubs, and my Steve Madden boots and my BCBG boots. Random, I know. I sometimes feel as if my brain has been missing since the move, too. Things will get back to normal one day.....maybe. I am thankful to be at this point in my life though and sharing it with Josh and Addi Beth and our new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment