Thursday, April 9, 2009

I am Heart Broken (but very thankful!)

Okay, so maybe heartbroken is a LITTLE extreme but I am pretty bummed about wrecking my truck. I had just dropped Addi Beth off at Mother's Day Out and was heading back home. I was less than a mile from the church. All I can remember is thinking "did this just really happen?" I was not going fast (30 mph) and I was not doing anything you really should not do when driving like talking on the cell or texting. I am pretty sure I did not run the red light but I honestly cannot remember anything before I hit the man's truck. I hit his back passenger side I was going east, he was going south). I thought his damage was bad (brand new Chevrolet truck) until I finally got out and looked at mine. Ugh! This was my first wreck and my feelings were so hurt! I don't know if it was because I could not get intouch with Josh or what. When I finally got Bryan on the phone, I was pretty much hysterical. I know I scared him to death! I am so thankful nobody was hurt and that I did not have Addi Beth with me. I do wish the witnesses would not have left. Only one that stayed was the man behind the man I hit. I know another mother from MDO saw the wreck and when I asked her about it Tuesday after, she said she did not see anything but I know she is not telling the whole truth b/c when I looked back after the wreck, I saw her covering her mouth and shaking her head. Ticks me off. Bad. Karma, girlie.

We dropped my truck off at the repair shop that afternoon. Addi was very concerned. She said, "Mommy's truck is broke." We told her we were carrying it to the "doctor" to get it fixed. She wanted to stay and watch the "doctor" fix momma's car. Thankfully, it should be ready by the end of next week. It is amazing how fast all the repairs add up! Anyways, my sweet step-daddy, Bryan, brought me Momma's extra car yesterday. he just itches to see Addi Beth so I know he did not mind bringing me the car. He and Addi played all day yesterday and then we dropped him off in Henderson to ride home with Momma. Momma, by the way, I DO NOT like the Lincoln. I miss my truck!

On a much lighter note, Friday afternoon, Josh and I carried Addi Beth to Chuck E. Cheese's. Baby girl dressed herself and this was the result. I do not have a clue how she got these jeans over her diaper without unbuttoning them. We had a blast and Addi told Josh afterwards, "Dadda, I had sooo much fun with you tonight!" and gave him a huge hug and kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment